Testimony (Corinne)

Dear all, be encouraged!! :)

this is from Corinne director of Travel Golf.. awesome testimony!!! I know its long but read it if you have the time.

Anyway, here goes two of the most unforgettable miracles and when I think about it now, my hairs stand out everywhere...




1. “62Friends” – HE IS IN CONTROL!

(Remembered those 62friends I brought to church during my SOT graduation services).



PART 1 – My Nephews (Wilson and Wilkin)

Since, coming back to Christ, my 5nephews and 1niece has always been in my prayer lists. You see, my dad’s family have a history of Down Syndrome and out of 5nephews&1niece, 4 of them have some form of Down Syndrome. I have been asking God to open doors for me to penetrate into their life and have shared with my brothers to allow me to bring them to church, but was in vain.

However, after attending my SOT graduation service, my 3rd nephew : Wilkin started to share with me about his fear of preparing for PSLE, especially Chinese subject. I told him about God and taught him how to pray. I told my brother to let me bring him to church, but my brother said only after he passed his PSLE. So, with the teaching of patience and humanity in SOT, I just lift them in prayer. Even tough, Wilkin has already had Chinese tuition in the community center, the Spirit of the Lord told me to arrange a private Chinese tutor for him. So with the help from the Chinese Church Pastor Joseph, I managed to arrange two months of private tuition for Wilkin and continuous effort to chauffer the Tutor to his home in Pasir Ris. Needless do I know that that this little sacrifice of time, have bring forth a wonderful seed...



When the PSLE result was out , Wilkin sms me to say thank you for arranging the Chinese tuition as his result for Chinese is a “A” grade. I was overjoyed. God is Faithful... Amen



However, with my busy schedule, I have neglected to follow up on them. Suddenly, in December, the seasons of Giving, I suddenly remembered my brother promised to me to allow his children to go to church, if his PSLE result is good.

So now, with such good PSLE result, my brother cannot denied me to bring them to church. So with my aching bones and tired muscles, I forced myself to drive my 2 nephews to the Children Christmas Service. On the way, I told God, He has to do sometime to make me happy! Sowing is so tough and so tedious.. I rather give and give than sow! As the journey was so long, from Pasir Ris to JW, I began to talk nonsense and asked them questions about what is CHRISTMAS to them? Wilson, who has mild Down Syndrome told me it about this man called St Francis, going around and put present in people doors... And Wilkin told me it about putting wishes under the tree and the wish will come true... Wow... I just don’t know how to handle them. Almost want to throw them out of the car, but patience, patience, and patience. I told them, wait till they hear the story from the Children Church...



While seating at the auditorium, Wilson and Wilkin was engrossed in the performance and I told the Holy Spirit to work on them. Suddenly, of all the thousands of children there that night, the magician called on Wilson (Down Syndrome) to go on stage to performance. I shooked my head and highlighted to Pastor Eileen... how??? Please don’t let Wilson scream... He can’t stand or sit proper for too long.. let alone, act!!!! Oh no, don’t make a fool out of us.. I told Wilkin to pray and I began to say a silent pray: “Holy Spirit... only you have the power to control Wilson..Please be nice to him..” Suddenly, I heard a voice, “he will be OK” .. So, I began to relax and so is Wilkin. Wow... That night is the night men,,, Wilson was on stage for more than half-an hour and the audience just love him. He was so funny and I think the magician did not realised about his handicap till the end...



The best Christmas present ever, both Wilson and Wilkin accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour. And now they both knows that Christmas is all about CHRIST and not St Francis or wishing tree. Hallelujah!



On the way back, the memory of what Pastor Mike shared with me about why God permits deformed babies. The problem is not on the children but on the parent. The parent have so much grief and fear that they just want to hide their children from the society.. and thus make them feel they are unusual compared to the rest. However, if we dare to treat them openly as normal children, we will discover that their creation is with a purpose – God is in Control. What HE created, HE will not let it wasted ! Amen



PART 2 : MY FRIENDS

I was not in town this Christmas but my heart was heavy with two new friends who are coming for the Christmas Service. I have make arrangement for a Christian friend to attend to them and on Christmas Day, sms them to remind them to wake up and go to Church. One of them was still asleep and gave excuse no time to make-up. I told her to “Just go” and don’t need to look beautiful.. God only want your heart and not your look! If you go, you will be my Christmas present. I sms again at 1030am to check if she is in service and there is no reply. Maybe I am too strong on her. I tried to console myself that , no news is good news... So I waited patiently and at around 1.30pm, when I called her, she said she just accepted Jesus as her saviour... Hallelujah ! God is Faithful. Even I am not there, He is in Control ! Amen



PART 3– MY DAUGHTER BOYFRIEND

You know, teenage have teenage problem. My daughter, Ashleen’s boyfriend, An Dai has been going to CHC since my graduation day but his heart is still not ready. Same like me, Ashleen was not in town this Christmas and she is overly concerns whether An Dai will go to Church. She has to remind him over and over again and for Christmas service, we have to arrange another Christian to go with him. Guess what.. An Dai accepted the Lord during the altar call and now he is a going through bible study. Even tough we are not there in body, our Spirit is with them. God is in Control. Amen



So now, my friends, my 62Friends is lesser by another 4 and thus now is “58Friends”. Please continue to pray for this “58Friends”, when you remember me. Ok.!



2. MY BUSINESS – ONLY GOD

This afternoon, as I looked at the P&L for the month of November, my heart is filled with amazement and most important of all, unbelievable feeling – ONLY GOD can do this!

The past few months in SOT, I refused to look at the monthly P&L as I am almost broke with no reserve on personal saving. I told God, as everyone said to me..which I want to believe in :- He will provides and work a miracle for you after SOT. SO I just don’t care about my financial... I am going by Faith! However, after SOT, the end of Aug, I have no choice but to go back to my account book and check my finances as there are so many trips and so many bills to pay... I studied the accounts with FAITH but also with FEAR! Is just that FAITH is more than Fear.



In Aug 2008, my Sales revenues was already 1.9millions but in Aug 2009, it was only S$98520, less than a million. How to achieve my annual standard of 3Millions sales and above..

“Aiyoyo..you little heart and don’t trust me!” This remark has been with me for the past few weeks after SOT.

Today, as I looked at my November P&L, I was amazed and shocked to find that todate, I have already achieved $2.2M sales revenues. Within 3months from Sept to Nov, He has returned $2.1M to me. All my OD and personal reserved was settled. Wow, that is a miracle! Just only 3months, all these while, I have been thinking, it will takes months before I can go back to my past achievements.



One thing, I have learn from walking in Faith, as you gives to HIM, be it your time or your finances, especially so, when you continue to give even at your lowest point of life! HE is FAITHFUL and HE will reciprocal in MANIFOLDS! Only when you have walk through the valley of darkness with HIM, then can you know HIS POWER, HIS GRACE and HIS GOODNESS! Amen



So, my beloved, I prayed that 2010 will be a year whereby you can gives yourself an opportunity to walk closer with Christ - Empower by His Goodness! Whatever happened in 2009 is already the past, let focus on 2010 - the New Blessing, New Breakthrough, and New Grace from God. He has so much in stored for us and there will be Blessing upon Blessing, Breakthrough upon Breakthrough, Peace upon Peace and Grace upon Grace as we continue to abide in Him. Amen



"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with all blessings:" Ephesians 1:3

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Amber with You. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.