Why am I a Christian?

I was browsing through Blogs and I came across what HiangTeck (Little Josh) put at his blog. I have always read it but somehow today when I read it, it seems to be more different that it use to be? Or perhaps I feel after so many years of being one, I can truly identify with what is being written.

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not shouting "I am clean living." I'm whispering "I was lost. Now I'm found and forgiven."

When i was a new Christian, I thought eveything about me will be clean. I will no longer sin onwards and then everything in my life will be good. But as time pass, I realised it really takes time for a person to change his habits. I still get angry, do the wrong things and make wrong decisions. And now constantly i remind myself that I am forgiven by God

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

As a new Christian, I thought that I am better than those non-christians, I will be free of problems and I see myself as like the so called 'better' humans. But now I realised I stumble in my life as many times as non-christians, or sometimes even more times.

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and needs His strength to carry on.

I wanted to prove to people around me I am a strong person so I thought I need to be a christian. I am like on top of the rest. However years have passed and I realised I am weaker than most people around me and I need God's strength to carry me on.

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

I used to think I will never failed once I accepted Jesus Christ. Life will be smooth sailing and things around me will just be great. But I have learnt that Life is never a bed of roses. I have more failures than successes in life. But each failure grows me stronger towards my goals.

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

All these years I have been trying to be perfect, thinking I am near perfection but somehow the closer I walk with God, the more flaws I see in my life. And I realised I am such a terrible person with such a wicked heart. But God has shown me over the years, He love me and I am good enough.

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches So I call upon His name.

Being a Christian doesnt mean you will never feel heartbroken, you will never crumble in life. These many years with God, I cannot remember how many times i have cried buckets, till my eyes are red and swollen. Like a little child at times, I will be brawling away, shouting my heartaches out to God. But each time He never fails me. He heal my hurts

WHEN I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace

I am not trying to be more holy than you but I live my life everyday knowing that Jesus has died on the cross for me and he loves me more than anything. I am a sinner. I am not perfect.

This is the real meaning of being a Christian. People believe in God for many reasons but I believe in God for the above reasons I have highlighted in orange.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Amber with You. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.